Am I qualified for China work permit? I belongs to Category A, B or Category C?

Shanghai as an experimental unit, will start the new “Work Permit” policy from 1st April 2017. According to new policy, the old “Alien Employment Permit” and old “Foreign Expert Certificate” will combine to one named “Foreigner’s Work Permit” (FWP). The foreign expert bureau will take charge of it.

The new policy will divide the foreigner who works in China into 3 categories. Class A (Talent - encourage), Class B (Specialty - control), Class C (Normal - restrict). You have to reach at least Class C, and then we can apply your FWP and working residence permit (which is the necessary documents to work legally in Shanghai). Please check following criteria of Category A, Category B & Category C, then you will know you belongs to Category A, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2?

Please check the Class-A Criteria (very few people):

If you are not qualify for Class-A work permit, then please check if you are qualify for any of following Class-B situation (most of people) or not:

B1: You have Bachelor degree and 2 years full time related work experience after graduation.

B2: You are a experienced Technology Worker (have International certificate of technical skills) and Your salary is equal or over 26,100 RMB/Month (the government will check your income tax receipt next year)

B3: You are a foreign language teacher (native speaker) in China. You have Bachelor or higher degree and 2 years full time teaching experience (if your major is Education, Language or Teaching or if you have recognized TEFL certificate, then 2 years full time teaching experience can be exempt)

B4. Personal comprehensive quality – score over 60 points, score sheet below:

Item Criteria Points
Annual Salary paid by domestic company (Highest possible score: 20) 450,000 and above 20
350,000 - 449,999 17
250,000 - 349,999 14
150,000 - 249,999 11
70,000 - 149,999 8
50,000 - 69,999 5
Less than 50,000 0
Level of Education or International Professional Qualification Certificate (Highest possible score: 20) Doctor; Highest level International vocational qualification certificate; Senior technician or equivalent 20
Master's; technician or equivalent 15
Bachelor's; Senior Worker or equivalent 10
Related work experience
(Highest possible score: 20)
One additional point for every year above 2 years Maximum 20
2 years 5
Less than 2 years 0
Annual working time
(Highest possible score: 15)
(Unit: Month)
Above 9 months 15
6 - 9 months 10
3 - 6 months 5
Less than 3 months 0
Level of Chinese
(Highest possible score: 5)
If you are Chinese before 5
Bachelor's or Higher degree on Chinese study (Major) 5
HSK 5 and above 5
HSK 4 4
HSK 3 3
HSK 2 2
HSK 1 1
Age (Year)
(Highest possible score: 15)
18 - 25 years old 10
26 - 45 years old 15
46 - 55 years old 10
56 - 60 years old 5
Above 60 years old 0
Globally recognized university or experience in top 500 company
(Highest possible score: 5)
Graduated from Globally recognized high level university in the world 5
Work experience in Fortune Global 500 company 5
You own patent or intellectual property 5
Continuously work in China over 5 years 5

If you are not qualify for Class-B work permit, then please check if you are qualify for any of following Class-C situation or not:

C1. You study in Shanghai, have a bachelors or higher diploma (Issued from any university in shanghai and graduated within 1-year). Employed by a company registered in Shanghai Free Trade Zone (FTZ) or Zhang Jiang high technology Park.

C2. French Intern 1000 plan as internship in Shanghai company.


So if you have any problem with your China Visa or any problem related to your China visas: PLEASE CONTACT

logoMeshing Consultancy Services Co., Ltd.
Address: Room 820, No.555 WuDing Rd (North Shaanxi Rd), Shanghai China. [ -MAP- ]
Operation Time: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (12:30am-1:30pm lunch) Public Holidy Check here
Tel1: 021-51699039 (You can inquire in English, Japanese or Chinese)
Tel2: 021-63075776
Emergency: 13501828752