VisaInChina starts this China visa news center since year 2008. Check the rules changing every year by clicking following links.

  • Our WeChat ID:
  • Your can follow our WeChat by scan left QR code
  • Follow it, You will get update China visa news!

Notice on the Temporary Suspension of Entry into China by Non-Chinese Nationals in the following countries Holding Valid Chinese Visas or Residence Permits

30th Jan 2021 - Updated - As the epidemic situation overseas is getting worse, China is facing greater risks of imported cases. In October, the number of imported cases grew by 45 percent compared with that in September. In the meantime, some domestic cases were also found. Under such circumstances, Chinese embassies in the following countries have successively issued bans, announcing the suspension of entry into China with current valid Chinese visa and residence permits for work, private affairs and reunion.

North America Canada
Europe UK
Asia India
Africa Nigeria
South Africa (Newly added)

It means, if you travel to above countries, even you have a valid Chinese residence permit, you can't come back to China. If you want to come back to China from above countries, you need to apply a brand new visa (which is very difficult because you need an official PU invitation letter).

Question & Answer

Q1: I just got my Chinese residence permit renewed, it's issued at 7th Nov 2020, and can I travel to UK with this residence permit and come back?
A: No, you can't. You need to apply a brand new visa issued at Chinese Consulate in UK to come back.

Q2: I have a valid Chinese residence permit (work), and I have a flight to Denmark after 2 weeks, can I come back?
A: Yes, based on the rules now, Denmark is not in the list, so you can come back, BUT no one can guarantee if it remain the same after 2 weeks. So if this trip can be avoided, that will be the best choice for now. (Because above list might be expended quickly)

Q3: I am in Italy right now, can I take a flight transit to 3rd party country and then travel from 3rd party country to China, and for example, I fly from Italy - Netherland - China?
A: No, it's not possible because you can't get the health declaration from the Chinese Consulate.


Because of the new policy was just implemented, inquiries increase a lot. Please communicate with us by email. we will reply you in detail and in time.

First time consulting: Please email or call us, walk-in directly is not recommend.
In the process of document submission: Better use SF express to deliver it to us instead of come in person, we need more time to check your case to make sure it will go smoothly.
Any unavoidable visit: Please make an appointment with us in advance.

logoMeshing Consultancy Services Co., Ltd.
Address: Room 410, KYMS building C2, No.101 E Shan road, Pudong, Shanghai China. [ -MAP- ]
Operation Time: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (12:30am-1:30pm lunch) Public Holidy Check here
Tel1: 021-51699039 (You can inquire in English, Japanese or Chinese)
Tel2: 021-63075776
Emergency: 13501828752