VisaInChina starts this China visa news center since year 2008. Check the rules changing every year by clicking following links.

  • Our WeChat ID:
  • Your can follow our WeChat by scan left QR code
  • Follow it, You will get update China visa news!

Visa Facilitation for Some Foreign Nationals with Valid Chinese Residence Permits:

10th Aug 2020 - Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Denmark published following news on their official website:

In view of the rapid spread of COVID-19 across the world, China has decided to temporarily suspend the entry into China by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits still valid to the time of the announcement effective from 28 March 2020. Meanwhile, foreign nationals traveling to China for necessary economic, trade, scientific or technological activities or out of emergent humanitarian needs may still apply for visas.

As the prevention and control of COVID-19 become regular, in order to facilitate exchanges, China now decides that, foreign nationals from the countries listed below who hold valid residence permits, including work permit, permit for family reunion and personal matters, may apply for visas for free at any Chinese embassy or consulate in these countries. After entering China, they are kindly requested to comply with the epidemic prevention regulations of the local governments.

List of applicable countries:
Albania, Ireland, Estonia, Austria, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Belgium, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Denmark, Germany, France, Finland, the Netherlands, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Romania, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Cyprus, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, United Kingdom

VisaInChina first contacted the China Visa Center in Denmark (Website: and got more details for you:

Paperwork you need to prepare (No more PU letter!):
Passport information page
Valid residence permit (visa) page
If you have a valid working residence permit, then a letter from your employer to explain why you need to go to China now is necessary. If you have a valid family visa, then a relationship certificate (F.E. Marriage and birth certificate) is necessary

If you are applicable, they will issue you a brand new visa (Z- working visa, Q1- family reunion visa or S1- personal matters) based on your current valid residence permit (RP) purpose. And they will not cancel your current valid RP, so as soon as you entered China with this brand new visa, later you can still use back your valid RP.

Visa fee: FREE!


Because of the new policy was just implemented, inquiries increase a lot. Please communicate with us by email. we will reply you in detail and in time.

First time consulting: Please email or call us, walk-in directly is not recommend.
In the process of document submission: Better use SF express to deliver it to us instead of come in person, we need more time to check your case to make sure it will go smoothly.
Any unavoidable visit: Please make an appointment with us in advance.

logoMeshing Consultancy Services Co., Ltd.
Address: Room 410, KYMS building C2, No.101 E Shan road, Pudong, Shanghai China. [ -MAP- ]
Operation Time: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (12:30am-1:30pm lunch) Public Holidy Check here
Tel1: 021-51699039 (You can inquire in English, Japanese or Chinese)
Tel2: 021-63075776
Emergency: 13501828752